Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Cauliflower power





I'm not the biggest cauliflower fan in the world – I've always found it slightly inscrutable. Usually the things you add to cauliflower are things that would make anything taste better, and would probably taste much better with some other type of vegetable. Then I saw Jamie Oliver's recipe for cauliflower risotto (risotto ai cavolfiori – see Jamie's Italy, or click here). It wasn't the cruciferous part that got me excited, it was the anchovy crumbs sprinkled on top. I'd made risotto a few nights previously, so I decided to translate his recipe using fresh homemade pasta – and oh my, the humble cauliflower did not disappoint. (Except – egads! – I forgot to add the parsley. And a dollop of creme fraiche probably would have pushed it into the realm of the godly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Afrigator